Dear Shadman Sakib,
As many of you are still preparing to arrive on campus for the spring semester, we wanted to remind you of the steps you need to take related to COVID-19 testing in advance of your return:
We continue to update information on the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Fordham Forward website which may contain answers to additional questions you may have.
- all students, faculty, and staff who plan to return to campus for any reason or any length of time are required submit a negative result for a COVID-19 test PRIOR to being allowed on campus
- the test must be a FDA EUA authorized PCR saliva or nasal swab test, NOT an antigen or antibody test (rapid tests cannot be accepted).
- if you are in New York or in a state contiguous to New York (Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Vermont), you must have negative test results within seven days prior to your arrival at Fordham
- if you are in a state that is NOT contiguous to New York (including if outside of the United States), you must have a test 3 days prior to your departure AND a test on day 4 to opt out of the 10-day New York state travel quarantine; you must also complete the Fordham Quarantine Form
- if convenient, you can be tested on campus and then return off campus to await your results. To reserve a spot for on-campus testing, please use the link on the COVID-19 Testing Resources page.
- if tested off campus, you must upload a copy of the negative test results using the Fordham Student Health Portal, which is found on my.fordham.edu under the My Apps tab. Uploading results less than 24 hours in advance of your arrival can potentially delay your ability to enter campus and/or the residence halls.
- if you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days, please call University Health Services at 718-817-4160 (RH) or 212-636-7160 (LC) to discuss how to navigate the testing and quarantine requirements. Students with a previous positive test result will need to follow the New York state travel guidelines for the 10-day quarantine.
- at this time, anyone who has received a COVID-19 vaccine must complete the same testing and quarantine requirements
- VitalCheck will only be reactivated upon confirmation of completion of the testing requirements and applicable quarantine requirements.
Thank you for doing your part to advance the health and safety of our Fordham community.
Director of University Health Services